The facilities have approximately 2,490 units and 354,200 net rentable square feet
November 4, 2014- Strategic Storage Trust II, Inc. (SSTI II) bought its first portfolio transaction consisting of five self-storage properties located in North and South Carolina for approximately $22.1 million. The facilities will be rebranded as SmartStop Self Storage.
"These assets are an ideal fit for our first five acquisitions with SSTI II," said H. Michael Schwartz, chairman and CEO of SSTI II. "The self storage sector's strong performance in these markets continues to drive our decision to keep acquiring facilities in the Carolinas."
The self-storage facilities in North Carolina are:
The self-storage facilities in South Carolina are:
- 150 Airport Blvd., Mooresville: 320 units, 36,900 square feet, built in 2004.
- 120 Centrewest Ct., Cary: 310 units, 62,100 square feet, built in 1998, and renovated in 2006.
- 5012 New Bern Ave., Raleigh: 440 units, 60,600 square feet, built in 1999.
- 338 Jesse St., Myrtle Beach: 760 units, 100,100 square feet, built in 1998, and renovated in 2007.
- 4630 Dick Pond Rd., Myrtle Beach: 660 units, 94,500 square feet, built in 1999.
The facilities have ground level and climate controlled units.
Strategic Storage Trust II, Inc. (SSTI II) has 2,490 self storage units and 354,200 rentable square feet of storage space approximately. The self-storage acquired by the company are re-branded as SmartStop Self Storage
Read complete article on: http://www.digitaljournal.com/